We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Flavor and tradition, these are the words which alone sum up the delicious recipe for rabbit with mustard.
Typical dish of French gastronomy, here's how to make this recipe a success.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 beautiful rabbit cut into pieces
- 25 cl of dry white wine
- 25 cl of chicken stock
- 1 dash of vinegar
- 1 onions
- 2 shallots
- 6 tbsp mustard
- 1 bouquet garni
- 25 cl of sour cream
Rabbit recipe with mustard
The choice of mustard has a direct influence on the taste you will give your rabbit with mustard.
The stronger it is, the more your rabbit will be lifted. Since the mustard loses its power, we advise you to choose a strong mustard
But since the old-fashioned mustard adds extra flavor to your recipe, it's a good idea to mix the 2s.
- Start by heating olive oil in a Dutch oven (be careful not to burn the oil)
- Brown each part of the rabbit by turning them over so as to color all sides.
- Remove the pieces of rabbit once golden brown
- Mince the onion and shallots and sweat and brown for a few minutes
- Deglaze everything with a drizzle of vinegar
- Return the rabbit to the pot
- Add the mustard by mixing it with the rabbit on all surfaces
- Add the white wine, bring to the boil then add the chicken broth
- Add the bouquet garni
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes
- At the end of cooking, add the crème fraîche to bind everything together
As an accompaniment, the rabbit with mustard can be served with rice, tagliatelle, a steamed potato or even small beans, the choice is quite wide according to taste.
Enjoy your meal !