Lamb stew is a great classic of French cuisine, made with lamb and fresh vegetables, it is both tasty and fragrant.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 2 kg of lamb: collar and shoulder
- 6 small turnips
- 1 big onion
- 6 new onions
- 6 small carrots
- 300 g of green beans
- 200 gr of peas
- A few sheets of laurel sauce
- 3 podsgarlic
- Olive oil
- 50 cl of chicken broth
- 20 cl of white wine
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste (or 2 tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 bouquet garni
- Salt pepper
Lamb stew recipe
The success of the lamb navarin recipe lies above all in the cooking, the meat first, and the vegetables then.
- Start by cutting the lamb into pieces of regular size (about 3-4 cm)
- In a pot or casserole dish, heat the oil
- Roll the meat in flour and brown the pieces
- Add the large chopped onion then the white wine
- Turn the meat over and wait for the white wine and onions to caramelize the meat
- Add the broth and the bouquet garni
- Add the chopped garlic, tomatoes crushed (or tomato paste)
- Simmer 35 minutes over low heat and covered
During this time you have to prepare the small vegetables ...
- Peel them carrots, the turnips and peel them onions new
- Cut the carrots and turnips into regular sections
- Prepare the beans and the peas
- Cook the beans for 10 minutes in salted water
- Brown all these vegetables for a few minutes in a sauté pan with butter or olive oil so as to simply color them.
After 35 minutes of cooking for the meat, add the vegetables prepared in the casserole dish
- Leave the meat with the vegetables to cook for 25 minutes more.
When preparing, remove the bouquet garni, place a few pieces of meat on each plate, add the vegetables on top and finally pour in a little broth, taking care not to add any fat.
Enjoy your meal !
Good to know about the lamb stew
Prepared with small vegetables, carrots, turnips, green beans or even peas, lamb stew is also called lamb stew or, quite simply, stew.
It usually refers to a dish prepared with meat, in this case lamb, and small vegetables.
Lamb stew has long been a traditional dish of French cuisine.