We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The Norman hotpot is a delicious dish made with good vegetables, smoked bacon, ham, andouille de Vire and smoked sausage.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 500 g half-salted breast
- 1 green cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 4 potatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves
- 5 grains of juniper
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 l of raw cider
- 350 g of ham
- 4 slices of andouille de Vire (thick)
- 2 smoked sausages
- 50 g of Normandy butter
- Coarse salt, salt
- Immerse the breast in a Dutch oven filled with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 45 to 60 minutes at a low simmer.
- Meanwhile, wash and cut the cabbage into quarters. Peel and wash the carrots and potatoes. Peel and wash the onions.
- Plunge the cabbage in boiling salted water with coarse salt for 5 minutes. Remove it and cool it in ice water.
- Cut the carrots into bevels.
- Prick the onions with a clove.
- Place all of these vegetables (except the potatoes) in a pot. Add the juniper and peppercorns. Pour in the cider and top with water until the vegetables are immersed. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Melt 20 g of butter, just brown the breast. Add to the pot with the ham, sausages, andouille and potatoes. Continue cooking for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove with a skimmer and place in a dish. Cut the ham into 4 pieces.
Serve hot, the vegetables sprinkled with Norman butter!
When buying the brisket, make sure from your butcher that the pork belly is not overly salted.
Otherwise, take care to desalinate it in water that has been renewed several times.
Also to discover: the Auvergne hotpot
Cellar side: farmer cider
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: C. Herlédan